We are looking for Second Life community members to help us with the creation of this wiki and be a part of our historical importance :-)
- Please use the HELP system if you are not familiar with using wiki's.
- You can use the DISCUSS link above to post suggestions, requests or need help editing your articles/pages.
- YouTube videos: here You can also post your own videos here as well as under the Explore tab above.
- Post photos and discuss them on our Flickr page.
- Create a Poll in the Discussions area or you can use the poll tag to add this great feature to any page.
Ideas and Mission statements:
- Our community can help Second Life drivers find information about the currently active grid drives. and other driving events.
- Our community can help Second Life drivers find all types of vehicles utilized in-world including cars, trucks, bicycles, motorcycles, watercraft, hovercraft, aircraft, locomotives and experimental's.
- Our community can help Second Life drivers find all types of driving roads, tracks and racing tracks in-world.
- You can provide the ability for both drivers and creators to show and link vehicles and scripts to in-world or Second Life MarketPlace stores.
- For more in-depth information on aircraft and aviation in Second Life, please see the Second Life Aviation Wiki.
Driving in Second Life is not new, but sometime around October of 2017, Christi Charron of CheerMaster and SLCS fame with a few of her friends, came up with idea of creating a weekly "Grid Drive" for Second Life drivers. The idea was to be able to utilize a HUD to complete a mission, while getting from one waypoint to another, using many types of vehicles and methods to complete the drive. Completing the drive correctly, almost invariably meant you would get a reward at the end of the Drive. Usually some sort of vehicle or something from one of the sponsors/vendors/creators. Today, the tradition carries on usually every Saturday at around noon SLT and continues for approximately two weeks thereafter. The current Grid Drives can be found here.